Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gotta Stay Stateside - My Show's On!

As many of you know (I'm looking at you, TallE), I'm currently adrift in the seas of minimum skills, minimum wages, and minimum hours at my local Giant grocery's deli department. It's not bad work. It's not great either. Many are asking, "Genny with a 'g', you are a reasonably intelligent person with two degrees out of college. Why don't you get a real job?" Firstly, I kind of like the minimalist feeling of Giant. Secondly, have you ever noticed how unpretentious normal people are? It's great. At work, people talk about things like what day cares are good around here and when their trucker boyfriend is coming back into town. I really kind of like it. Especially since I don't want to leave the US.

I don't want to leave the US because my show comes on over here. It's called Paradise Hotel 2 and until I can watch that quality programming online, I'm staying stateside. If you're going to watch reality television, you can't go wrong with a show based on who hooks up with who and who back stabs who. For example, during last weeks episode, Charte (the ultimate instigator) totally got turned on by the entire group and kicked off. Meanwhile, Krista (the virgin) is still totally insecure about herself and Raheim's aggressive mood swings are getting rediculous. Alright, I'll stop there. I know there are only about 30 other people that watch the show. I hate how stupid the show is, but I love how stupid the people can be. All the "sharing is caring"? Well, that just reminds me of Dawson's Creek and a whole generation was hooked on that one.

No comments: