Sunday, February 24, 2008

Still Knitting Strong

Don't worry, not matter where I go I still knit. Two of my most recent projects have been a shrug and a head scarf.

The shrug came from the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits magazine. It is called the "Streakers Shrug" and was designed by Pam Allen. The recommended yarn is la Lana Wool Streakers!, but I used some Noro's Cash Lane I bought on sale instead. Except for only knitting a 3 inch, not a 4 inch, hem, I was able to follow the pattern exactly. The Only problem I have with my finished project, and this may be related to my missing inch, is that it falls off my shoulders a lot. I made the larger size to accomidate for my long wingspan, but if you are on the smallish size with a longer wingspan, I recommend you just add a few inches to the cuffs on the smaller size (the sizing is by wingspan).

The head scarf is knitty.com's Calorimetry. I used the last of my Lamb's Pride Worsted. Because the gauge was off and I have a smaller head than most, I didn't cast on as many stitches as Kathryn Schoendorf's pattern called for.

Well, I'm on go #5 or #6 for my mother's vest so I'd better get back to it. Laters!

No comments: