Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lost beach

When I was in Hawaii, the people I stayed with took me to the Lost set. Here are some of the photos I took with my camera phone.

This is a photo of the beach next to the set. There were dozens of giant sea turtles feeding just feet from where the water was hitting the shore. It was really beautiful there and, as you can see, the weather wasn't too bad either.

These are my friends in front of the set. They weren't shooting that day, so the entire set was surrounded by that orange fence and the actual huts themselves covered in plastic wrap. Because all beaches are public in Hawaii, they can't really keep people away from the set and even during filming, people are allowed to come down to the beach.

This is Sawyer's cabin, shrink wrapped. Since his cabin was right next to the orange fencing, it was pretty easy to take a photo of it. To see a shot of the back of this cabin from the show, go here.

Mr. Eko's church from season two.

Finally, here is a really short, shoddy videos I took of the set with my phone (if it doesn't work, it's probably hanging out with the roan):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Genny I'm very jealous you got to be that close to real LOST sets!

I just listened to the Official LOST podcast from Comic Con before seeing this new post, so it's been all LOST all morning.

You don't always carry a real camera with you?

Was there security there? Anything to stop people from just taking a piece of the set? Amazing if no security.

Also, if anyone can't see the video in the post actual, then look in the RSS feed, that's how I was able to download and play the video.

genny w/ a "g" said...

Jason, no I do not always carry a real camera with me. In fact, I never carry a real camera with me.

No, there was no security. Like I said, it is a public beach so they just trust the locals to respect the set.