Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Greetings!


In the spirit of the old, here is a holiday letter to recap the last 12 months. Since this is my first time I went online to get some tips on how to go about composing a "holiday letter" and the following is the result.

24 December 2007

Dear friends,

Please forgive this mass letter. Actually, it is only a mass letter if a massive amount of people read it. Since I doubt that will happen, please consider this personalized. I'm so glad you've taken the time to read this letter I wrote just for you! Let the news begin: This past year I have not given birth, died, or gotten married. These three seem like the big themes in holiday letters and I didn't want to keep you in suspense. We'll just have to wait and see what happens next year. My mom's dog, Ruby, did die however.

Some warm memories from this past year include, but are not limited to: Susan, a college roommate of mine, baking me a Rainbow Brite themed birthday cake and how I didn't get pregnant once. Bad news is isolated to an unfortunate incident over spring break that involved a bunch of beer and me breaking a bone in my ankle. A humorous anecdote from this year is easily the following story:

My grandma was getting knee replacement surgery and so I was living with her and my grandpa to help them while she was recovering (trust me, this is funny). Anyways, the day of the surgery, I'm there at the hospital with my grandma and my aunt waiting for the doctors to do their thing. We go in for the initial appointment and everything is good, the surgery is on, my grandma is feeling good and so does the doctor. The doctor leaves and my aunt turns to me and says, "Is it just me or was that doctor hott?" I agree and so does my grandma. So, for the rest of the day, my aunt, grandma, and I (not so much my grandma since she spends most of her time doped up) are checking to see if the doctor is married or not. He's not wearing a ring, but he's a surgeon so maybe he can't wear it in the surgery. He has a voice like butter, but that doesn't really say if he's single or not, just that he has a voice like butter. Finally, my aunt asks him the best way to contact him if anything bad should happen to her mother during recovery. At first, she gets the number to the hospital's orthopedic surgery wing. Upon pressing him further she gets the number to his clinic. Finally, and who knows how she did it, she got the number to his pager and gave him her own (she too is a doctor) in case anything should go wrong. And that is how you get digits while in a hospital.

Not funny? You wouldn't know humor if it came up and licked your forehead. Moving on, I'm told I'm not supposed to brag about all the great things I've accomplished this year. Since I've done nothing that hasn't been done before I feel I can avoid bragging, but, just so you know, if I had done something worth bragging about I'd be writing about it in this section. Right about here people start loosing interest in most holiday letters so I was going to give you my cookie recipe, but then you'd stop buying Toll House chocolate chips. I cannot do that to so noble a company. Instead I'll tell you that you can watch all your favorite Adult Swim cartoons on their website, adultswim.com. Also, you will notice a photo on this post. This is to remind you of what I look like. I'm the one on the right. Feel free to print it out and keep a copy on your desks at work and home.

Thanks and I hope you have a lovely holiday season,
genny with a g

No comments: